West Preparatory Academy will provide a successful curriculum model based upon the Educational Empowerment Group (EEG) Academic Plan listed below.
- High-risk students are unsuccessful not because they don't want to succeed, but rather due to not having a system that is designed to meet their needs.
- West Prep Academy is based upon the premise that high-risk students have different needs, learn at different rates, and have diverse learning styles.
- Currently, these are not being addressed by traditional public schools, causing many high-risk students to be disengaged and apathetic toward school.
- Whereas many schools focus mainly on providing educational services, West Prep Academy, by contrast, is multi-dimensional. The Beacon Academy focus is holistic—encompassing the whole body, mind and emotional well-being of a student. This holistic approach is taught and promoted throughout the course of the school year. We view each student as having strengths not deficits and our programs and practices are adapted to provide the support each student requires to achieve their fullest potential.
- Each year, the numbers of students who enter school with circumstances in their lives that impede their educational success are increasing.
- West Preparatory Academy desires to be the school that each individual student requires. Each student also enters school with unique and distinct needs, and their individual needs must be met prior to becoming a successful student.
- West Preparatory Academy will increase academic performance by providing programs and systems that address each student’s needs. These programs will consist of initiatives that incorporate the family and the community. Addressing students’ emotional needs includes affecting the environment in which they live.
- Connecting the family and community with the school will set the foundation for academic achievement.
- West Prep Academy has a very targeted approach to achieving an academic standing of excellence. The Seven Pillars of Success shows West Preparatory Academy’s focus and the variables that will be deployed to lead student achievement and overall school success.